You’re on a holiday budget. What could you buy for $54.99?
- A half pair of running shoes
- 1 tank of gas plus snacks from the mini mart
- 2 extra large pizzas plus tips for the delivery dude
- 3 movie tickets plus refreshments (priced a tub of movie popcorn lately?)
- 4 novelty t-shirts
- 5 nothing-special bottles of wine
- 10 large café mochas plus a bagel or two at your favorite java joint
- 400 plus wonderful fiction and non-fiction books for kids and parents to enjoy all year long, whenever the mood to read strikes
Ooh, that last one sounds good, doesn’t it?
And that’s exactly?what you’d be offering the kids and families on your list with a Bookboard gift card. We’ve had Bookboard in our home for a year. Our daughter has read 281 books to date, worth the equivalent of $2464 in book?purchases. From a budgetary perspective, such a bargain! From a parent’s perspective, watching our kid stay motivated in the face of reading challenges? As they say in the ad biz, priceless.
So how did you spend your last $54.99?